The Division of Industrial Relations held a stakeholder meeting on January 7, 2022 to obtain input on a draft regulation on heat illness. The version reviewed during the January 7th meeting is linked here: https://www.leg.state.nv.us/Register/RegsReviewed/$R053-20A.PDF
We greatly appreciate the comments made at the stakeholder meeting. We also received several written comments. In response, we have simplified the draft regulation and made it more performance-based. You can view the clean draft here and the red-lined version here.
The following key changes have been made:
- The regulation has deleted adoption of the “Heat Stress and Strain” portion of the 2020 edition of the Threshold Limit Values and Biological Exposure Indices published by the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists.
- The threshold for requiring a program for management of heat illness has been increased from 80 degrees to 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sections 8 and 9 on water and shade have been deleted and these components are instead included in the program for management of heat illness in Section 7 to make the program more performance based.
- Employee input into the program for management of heat illness has been added to Section 7.
- The definition of shade has been moved to Section 6.
The Division is committed to working closely with stakeholders on this issue. We will be hosting another stakeholder meeting on February 2nd to gather input on the new draft.
Date and Time: February 2, 2022, 1PM
If you would like to discuss the new draft on the phone, please feel free to reach out to us.