SCATS is offering free online training and technical assistance.
SCATS is Available for Your Businesses Reopening Planning
SCATS is offering assistance to Nevada business as they navigate reopening during COVID-19. It is important to have a well thought-out plan for reopening your workplace to ensure the health and wellbeing of your employees and your customers. We are available to help with you Reopening Plan as well as your Written Workplace Safety Guide. Below are some suggestions to follow as you plan ahead. Please also download a copy of our Reopening Planning Flyer.
Develop a Plan
Each business in our state needs to begin considering how it will reopen in a phased approach depending on the level of health risk to Nevadans. Consider the following as you develop your COVID‐ 19 reopening action plan:
- Amend your Written Safety Program to address the potential hazards in each phase of reopening (required for businesses with more than 10 employees) (NAC 618.538).
- Per your Written Safety Program, evaluate new hazards as they are identified and re‐evaluate known hazards to identify any additional mitigation measures needed (NAC 618.540(1)(b)). Businesses should consider engineering controls, administrative controls, safe work practices, and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Develop and implement training for employees for any equipment, engineering process, administrative control or PPE required by your plan (NAC 618.540(1)(c)).
- Establish methods for ensuring compliance with the amended safety rules and work practices (NAC 618.540(1)(e)).
- Establish policies and practices that ensure social distancing.
- Establish policies and practices to sanitize common surfaces and encourage hand washing.
- Conduct daily surveys of changes to staff/labor health conditions.
- Address how to serve customers who are sick or in vulnerable populations.
Need Help Developing a Plan?
Nevada SCATS is offering free technical assistance to develop your plan. Contact us today at:
- (702) 486‐9140 (Southern Nevada)
- (775) 688‐3730 (Northern Nevada)
- (775) 778‐3312 (Elko
- Send Us a Message Online
- Written Workplace Safety Guide
Visit our SCATS COVID-19 Resource page for additional resources.