Full SHARP Status:
|Basalite Concrete Products||Carson City, NV||05/01/16||05/01/19|
|Boyd Gaming Laundry||Henderson, NV||01/28/16||01/28/19|
|California Hotel and Casino||Las Vegas, NV||07/01/16||07/01/19|
|Canvas Pop, LLC||Las Vegas, NV||08/06/16||08/06/19|
|Cashman Equipment Company||Elko, NV||09/01/18||09/01/21|
|Cashman Equipment Company||Henderson, NV||08/06/18|
|Cashman Equipment Company||Winnemucca, NV||08/03/18||08/03/21|
|Do It Best Corporation||Mesquite, NV||05/16/17||05/16/20|
|Eldorado Casino||Henderson, NV||08/01/16||08/01/19|
|Fort Dearborn Company||Sparks, NV||05/01/16||05/01/19|
|Fremont Hotel & Casino||Las Vegas, NV||12/22/16||12/22/19|
|Gold Coast Hotel and Casino||Las Vegas, NV||03/30/16||03/30/19|
|Harris Rebar Inc.||Carson City, NV||01/15/18||01/15/21|
|Harris Rebar Las Vegas||North Las Vegas, NV||09/20/17||09/20/20|
|Haws Corporation||Sparks, NV||06/11/18||06/11/20|
|Helix Electric of Nevada||Henderson, NV||11/21/18|
|Jokers Wild Casino||Henderson, NV||11/06/16||11/06/19|
|Komatsu Equipment Company||Elko, NV||02/02/17||02/02/20|
|Komatsu Equipment Company||Sparks, NV||04/01/17||04/01/20|
|Komatsu Equipment Company||North Las Vegas, NV||07/06/18||07/06/21|
|Main Street Hotel and Casino||Las Vegas, NV||07/01/16||07/01/19|
|Maxton Manufacturing Company||Minden, NV||12/09/17||12/09/20|
|Nature's Bakery||Carson City, NV||01/01/17||01/01/19|
|Pape Machinery||Reno, NV||05/30/17||05/30/20|
|Reno/Stead Water Reclamation Facility||Reno, NV||12/05/17||12/05/20|
|RHP Mechanical Systems||Reno, NV||07/25/16||07/25/19|
|Royal Springs Healthcare & Rehab||Las Vegas, NV||04/30/17||04/30/20|
|Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall||Las Vegas, NV||05/30/17||05/30/20|
|Starbucks Roasting Facility||Minden, NV||02/01/18||02/01/19|
|Suncoast Hotel & Casino||Las Vegas, NV||02/07/17||02/07/20|
|Tamarack Junction Casino||Reno, NV||06/01/17||06/01/20|
|Tantus Inc.||Sparks, NV||06/01/17||06/01/20|
|The Orleans Hotel and Casino||Las Vegas, NV||04/07/16||04/07/19|
|Tripp Enterprises||Sparks, NV||03/01/16||03/01/19|
|Western Metals Recycling||Sparks, NV||05/01/17||05/01/20|
|Establishment Name||Location||Exemption Period|
|Burrows Paper Corporation||Reno, NV||10/02/17 - 03/02/19|
|Dairy Farmers of America||Fallon, NV||07/01/17 - 01/01/19|
|Nature's Bakery Distribution Center||Reno, NV||09/01/17 - 02/28/19|
|MMC Contractors||Las Vegas, NV||10/10/18 - 04/10/20|
Benefits of the Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program (SHARP):
SHARP is an elite group of businesses that maintain exemplary safety and health programs. In addition to being granted an exemption from OSHA programmed inspections for up to 2 years, and subsequent renewal for up to 3 years, you:
- Protect workers from workplace hazards;
- Work with SCATS to identify and implement best practices to protect your workers;
- Develop innovative safety and health programs.
CREATE A CULTURE
- Create a better working environment;
- Boost worker morale by involving workers;
- Improve communication at the workplace.
BUILD A REPUTATION
- Receive official recognition from DIR/SCATS;
- Become a leader in your industry;
- Attract skilled workers looking for a safe and healthy workplace
- Lower worker compensation premiums;
- Improve your worker retention;
- Reduce worker days away from work.
How can my small business participate in SHARP?
- Request a full safety and health consultation visit from SCATS;
- Involve employees in the consultation process;
- Correct all hazards identified by the consultant;
- Implement and maintain effective safety and health programs.
- Maintain your company’s accident and injury rates below the national average for your industry.
- Have a minimum of one year operating history.
- Permit the company’s name to be used in the publicity and recognition activities of the program.
What if my small business is not quite ready for SHARP?
If you meet most but not all of the SHARP eligibility criteria and are committed to working toward SHARP approval, you may be recommended for Pre-SHARP status. Pre-SHARP allows time to fully implement effective safety and health programs. During this time, you are granted a deferral from OSHA programmed inspections. You have up to 18 months to achieve SHARP status. SCATS’ consultants will assist you during Pre-SHARP.
BLS Industry Injury and Illness Data
- 2017 Injury and Illness Data
- 2016 Injury and Illness Data
- 2015 Injury and Illness Data
- 2014 Injury and Illness Data
- 2013 Injury and Illness Data