Safe Partner Award
The Safe Partner Award is designed to recognize employers that work closely with SCATS to increase both employer and employee knowledge of the value of safety in the workplace. The Safe Partner Award is an elite program and is awarded to no more than 4 businesses per year out of the 80,000 employers in the State of Nevada. In general recognition is granted for utilizing a range of the different SCATS services over time. Recipients are publicly recognized for having achieved the award through the publicity and recognition activities of the program.
Safe Partner Criteria:
Employers must meet at least 4 criteria to qualify for the Safe Partner Award. The criteria include the following:
Nevada employers can become eligible for the Safe Partner Award through meeting four of the ten following activities:
• Voluntarily request SCATS conduct at least 2 full service Consultation surveys.
• Management implemented improved training activities for all employees.
• Management implemented improved inspection activities for all employees.
• Use of the lending library and/or technical assistance.
• Safety Representative or Management Official currently enrolled in/or graduated of Safety and Health Practitioner Program
• Make changes in policies and procedures that improve safety activities for all company locations.
• Communicate to all company locations the changes recommended by SCATS.
• Voluntarily request SCATS host an onsite class to train employees on pertinent regulations for their industry.
• Voluntarily request SCATS host an onsite class open to the public at your facility.
• Employees with safety responsibilities have attended 3 or more training classes.
Nevada’s Safety Consultation and Training Section has recognized the following employers under the “Safe Partner Award” program for creating a safe, healthy work environment for their employees:
|Name of Employer||Location||Date of Recognition|
|Queens Hotel & Casino||Las Vegas, NV||Sept 6, 2006|
|Manor Health Care||Las Vegas, NV||Sept 25, 2006|
|Construction Company, Inc.||Las Vegas, NV||Sept 25, 2006|
|Beazer Homes||Las Vegas, NV||Oct 9, 2006|
|Premier Construction Company||Reno, NV||June 12, 2007|
|Fluor Enterprises||Beowawe, NV||July 11, 2007|
|KB Home Nevada, Inc.||Las Vegas, NV||Oct 10, 2007|
|Circus Circus Hotel & Casino, Reno||Reno, NV||May 14, 2008|
|Interstate Plumbing & Air Conditioning||Las Vegas, NV||Sept 4, 2008|
|Clark Construction Group, LLC||N. Las Vegas, NV||March 2, 2009|
|Charter Communication||Reno, NV||Sept 11, 2009|
|Tahiti Villiage||Las Vegas, NV||Sept 11, 2009|
|Bergelectric Corp.||Las Vegas, NV||Nov 9, 2009|
|DCK World Wide||Pahrump, NV||March 25, 2010|
|ScareCrow Lath & Plaster Inc||Reno, NV||May 11, 2010|
|GE Transportation Locomotive Rebuild||Las Vegas, NV||Dec 8, 2010|
|The PENTA Building Group, Inc.||Las Vegas, NV||Dec 22, 2010|
|Club De Soleil||Las Vegas, NV||Aug 15, 2011|
|Woodside Homes of Nevada, Inc.||Las Vegas, NV||January 10, 2013|
|Sunset Collision Center||Las Vegas, NV||January 23, 2013|
|Gold Dust West||Carson City, NV||February 18, 2014|
|CORE Construction||Reno, NV||April 1, 2014|
|Four Queens Hotel and Casino||Las Vegas,NV||April 1, 2014|
|Cupertino Electric||Boulder City, NV||July 1, 2014|
|Enterprise Leasing Company||Henderson, NV||February 15, 2015|
|Great Basin College||Elko, NV||June 1, 2015|
|McCarthy Building Companies||Henderson, NV||August 15, 2015|
|Casablanca Hotel and Casino||Mesquite, NV||September 15, 2015|
|Air Care||Las Vegas, NV||December 15, 2015|
|City of Henderson||Henderson, NV||May 01, 2016|
|Nature's Bakery||Carson City, NV||June 01, 2016|
|High Scaler Cafe||Boulder City, NV||June 30, 2016|
|PetersenDean Roofing and Solar||Las Vegas, NV||December 30, 2016|
|Dairy Farmers of America||Fallon, NV||March 31, 2017|
|Hirschi Masonry||North Las Vegas,NV||March 31, 2017|
|McClelland Laboratories||Sparks, NV||September 29, 2017|
|Burrows Paper Corporation||Reno, NV||June 15, 2018|
|Sletten Construction of Nevada||Las Vegas, NV||September 30, 2018|
|Regional Transportation Commission||Reno, NV||September 30, 2019|
|Austin General Contracting||Las Vegas, NV||September 30, 2019|
|Dura-Line||Sparks, NV||November30, 2019|
|Neeser Construction of Nevada||Reno, NV||January 31, 2020|